The Healthy Heart Ambassador Blood Pressure Self-Monitoring (HHA-BPSM) program is a 4-month long CDC approved lifestyle change program that support adults with high blood pressure lower and manage blood pressure.
- The Blood Pressure Self-Monitoring program is a 4-month program facilitated by trained lifestyle coaches.
- Coaches offer ten minute consultations to program participants during office hour visit. In addition, coaches offer weekly check-ins via phone, email or text, and monthly nutrition education seminars.
- Program participants are asked to attend two personalized consultations per month (office hours) as well as the monthly nutrition education seminars.
- Office hours and nutrition seminars can take place in-person or virtually.
Benefits for Participating in this program
- Learn proper techniques to check blood pressure, understand the reading and monitor to reduce the risk for heart attack or stroke.
- Receive support, guidance and encouragement to monitor and record blood pressure at home and develop the habit of self-monitoring to lower or better manage your blood pressure.
- Identify healthier eating and other lifestyle changes to reduce your risk for heart disease.
Participant Eligibility Requirements
- Be at least 18 years old or older
- Been diagnosed with high blood pressure and/or are on antihypertensive medication
- Not experienced a recent (within the last 12 months) cardiac event
- Not have atrial fibrillation or other arrhythmias
- Not have or are not at risk for lymphedema
Locations and Contact Information
- Watauga County Project on Aging – classes starting soon
814 W. King Street, Boone, NC 28607
Become a Healthy Heart Ambassador Program Coach
Email email@example.com and type Heathy Heart Ambassador Program in the subject line. Include your name, organization, phone number and return email address.